Monday, July 31, 2006

Wardrobe Refashion

I've finally been accepted to Wardrobe Refashion for a 4-month term. A major undertaking IN ADDITION to my steps. The term begins August 1 and goes to December 1. That is a LONG TIME not to buy ANY new clothing!

The pledge is as follows:

The Wardrobe Refashion Pledge

I, rani,

Pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new" manufactured items of clothing,
for the period of 4 months.

I Pledge that I shall refashion, renovate, recylcle pre-loved items
for myself for the term of my contract.

I Pledge that I shall create and craft items of clothing for myself
with my own hands in
fabric, yarn or other medium for the term of my contract.

I Pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my
refashioned, renovoated, recycled, crafted or created item of clothing
on the Wardrobe Refashion blog,
so that others may share the joy that thy thriftyness brings!

I will post whenever I've made something new and at least weekly to update on my progress. I will do my best not to use the Get out of Fashion Jail free cards I get (2 for the total pledge).

IN ADDITION, I have my steps to write about today:
another mall trip (I go to a medspa there). I deftly avoided looking in clothing store windows, averted my eyes from rows of sunglasses, and even stayed away from beauty and makeup shops! (I did spend about 10 minutes at the Aveda store...can't resist...but bought nothing and had a nice cup of tea there)

I also finally put together my AIDS walk tshirt-to-pants which I plan to post this week on Wardrobe Refashion but which needs some waistband reworking first.

No comments: