Thursday, August 03, 2006

Rejecting Gifts

Technically, gifts don't count, but it is in my best interests as a defashionista to accept as few gifts as possible.

Rejecting gifts is a really delicate balance, though. It's hard to say no to someone who wants to give you something out of the goodness of their heart. I usually accept and either secretly give it away (if I can't wear it) or get rid of another similar piece of clothing. This is how I got rid of a red top when my friend who was going away got me another red one (prettier in this case).

My mom just bought me a piece of clothing REALLY similar to one I have already. In this case I liked the original better so I told her to keep it and use it while I keep the old version. Thank goodness it's my mom - I couldn't do that with anyone else.

I also tossed a couple of other things - tube tops, mainly. I was very uncomfortable in them, so good riddance.

No comments: