Sunday, January 21, 2007

Refashioning Defashionista

I've signed up for the Wardrobe Refashion pledge agian - 6 months. THIS time I hope to stick to the no-buying rule for real! The last piece of new clothing I bought for myself was in September, so I hope to be able to still stick it out.

Here's the pledge (buttons to appear soon):

The Wardrobe Refashion Pledge

I, rani,

Pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new" manufactured items of clothing.

I Pledge that I shall refashion, renovate, recycle pre-loved items for myself.

I Pledge that I shall create and craft items of clothing for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn or other medium.

I Pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovoated, recycled, crafted or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog, so that others may share the joy that thy thriftyness brings!

************************
My first creation so far was a sweater-dress I knitted and crocheted for a friend's baby niece. Not for "myself," but that will presumably come soon.

No comments: