Friday, February 23, 2007

Not Buying in San Diego, Seven #5

Today I listened to Forum - where they featured Judith Levine and "Not Buying It" (Listen here). Yay for popularization of anti-consumerism!

I'll be going to San Diego tonight to meet my mom and sister. I already have a list of things to do there, like cut my hair and learn how to re-cover old qtip sticks with cotton (new reuse idea!). I've also asked for reuse ideas on How Can I Recycle This?

I love my parents' place - it's homey and calm but still open. I love eating breakfast on this great mosaic table my dad made (another place I get my craft-love):


The biggest challenge will be to return with minimal stuff. My mother always sends me back with STUFF!

Eco-tip: Reuse envelopes by ungluing them, turning them inside out, regluing. You can add a label or piece of paper glued on for ones that are printed. How pretty and eco-chic!

Oh, my seven things:
- Freecycled 2 more scarves
- Freecycled 3 more balls of yarn
- Giving away a bag of jewelry today (stuff I mentioned before plus 3 more necklaces and 1 pair of earrings and 1 bangle set)
- Tossed another top

That's 11! Total so far: 57.

No comments: