Saturday, March 10, 2007

Goodies!

I just received a beautiful package from Lish at Handmade Detroit. I loved the golden paper, the football bag, and all the Hello Kitties (there was one on the envelope, which you can't see).

Inside, she included a Hello Kitty card, two buttons, a sticker, and a really useful book, Cheap Ways To.... I've been devouring it already - what a perfectly sweet gift. Thank you Lish!

I just discovered the following amazing trick - making a perfect 5-pointed star with one snip. The legend is that this is how Betsy Washington convinced her husband (and others) to have 5-pointed stars instead of 6 on the US flag. I tried it out on scrap paper. The folding and one-snip were fun - but I have yet to perfect it:


Yesterday I sent off a bunch fo postcards through Postcardx plus a few to OLD friends with whom I seem to have lost touch. Let's see if I get a reply.

Today I'm off to a Composting Workshop! Followed by potential wandering and craftiness. But first, a good salt water gargle.

Eco-tip: Refill your ink cartridges instead of buying new - you save plastic and money. You can get refillable packages for a fraction of the price of a new one. Or get it refilled at your local drug store or office supply store for a nominal price! And when you toss out an old one, send it back to the company for recycling (they might offer a discount as well).

No comments: