Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Poem

Small post today, while I work on creating some tricolor crochet coasters. I've always been crocheting sort of "on-the-fly," not knowing what each stitch is called (besides chain), making up patterns for things as I go along. So I finally picked up a book that explained what single crochet, double crochet, and slip stitch were. My "oh...that's what that's called!" moment. Single crochet makes nice dense stitches, so I'm using that. I'll keep you posted.

I also went window shopping, though I did my best to avert my eyes from clothes, and focused instead on the tags on perfume bottles, or boxes that they came in. I had to look over at my friend's clothes - as she paraded what she bought. Fun!

Divest

Investing in the future isn't easy, they say
Instead, divest yourself
of greed
of shame
of ego
Imagine drops of humility dripping from your words
Forming perfect pearls of peace
in the palms of your hands.

Eco-tip: Sign this new petition against Fidelity to protest their investments in Darfur.

1 comment:

Star said...

Hi,

I found this great site with lots of weekly competitions, any anyone is able to enter.
Femail.com.au competitions

Ciao