Friday, March 23, 2007

SHUTDOWN and play!

SO, shutdown day was great. I got up early and had to run a few errands, after which I went to the farmer's market and library, and then did some reading. Then we went out to play badminton and finished up with hanging out with friends and dinner. I did once get tempted to check email but resisted the urge. This morning I got up and tried to put off computer until about 2:30, after finishing Julie of the Wolves. I highly recommend this computer fast.

I also managed to raise $90 from the sale of 2 old cellphones we had. We'll round it up to $100 for AID.

In San Diego, I had bought some rose salted basil peanut butter from Spread. It's delicious, but unfortunately almost over! My typical meal with this: multigrain toast with a touch of Earth Balance (I toast on the stove, no toaster) and the spread, and a glass of hot herbal tea (in this case, jasmine green). I could order more, but I wonder if I could do it myself with fresh or dry basil and some sea salt. It would be fun to try other variations too - I'm imagining chili-coriander-peanut butter and apricot-marmalade-peanut butter. mmmmmmmmmmmm

I finally began working on my craft paper lantern also. I started drawing on some white paper (it looked better than the brown) and planning out what parts I'll cut out. I'm only about an eighth of the way through!

No comments: