Friday, March 23, 2007

Shutdown Day and Seven #9

From today's A Word A Day: How can a society that exists on instant mashed potatoes, packaged cake
mixes, frozen dinners, and instant cameras teach patience to its young?
-Paul Sweeney

Tomorrow is Shutdown Day, so I won't be online for a whole day! No computer, no email, no blog, no google maps (I'm printing some directions today just in case!). Gonna be tough, but I think I can do it. Right in line with compacting. Will you join me?

I started drawing out my paper lantern FINALLY. it's taking a little more planning than I had imagined - it's important to have places where the paper is still attached to the lantern, so that it's not just all holes.

Also, this week's Seven things:
- one blue and white salwar set (1)
- my bottle cap tray (1)
- about 8 folders (1)
- waiting for someone to pick up 2 cell phones today (2)
- some old maps (1)
- 2 books for India (book on science for kids and Learn Sanskrit Through English)
total this week: 8
total so far: 89

Eco-tip: Save energy - try to cut back one unnecessary tv show from your watching. And be sure to put your tv on an energy strip you can turn off at night (it's still sucking up energy when it's off).

No comments: