Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Illustration Friday #2

This week's Illustration Friday theme is "green" and I would normally do something relating to environmentalism, being green and sustainable. But it struck me that green is a color not everyone can see. My best friend when I was younger had a brother who was color blind. He would walk up to bright green clothes in the store and exclaim, "Wow what a pretty red sweater!" I wondered what that would look like.

This is an exploration of the fine line between perceived and real color, made by mixing different shades and tints of red and green:


I'm also nowhere near packing! The things I have to do by Thursday morning:
- make 50 cloth bags
- pack
- buy some last minute things to take
- copy some cassettes
- make a card
- do 10 sketches

And why am I sitting here doing this? Who knows! :)

No comments: