Thursday, May 03, 2007

Leave a comment! Freebies

I've just returned from India, seem to be getting over my jetlag, and have a million things to discuss.

I will soon have interesting photos (a few a day, with explanations) for your perusal, as well as tallies, and more stuff given away, and even recipes ... but in the meantime, I thoiught I'd offer up some freebies to people who leave me an interesting travel story (or just a hi!):

- I found some great sticker paper from address labels and have been drawing on them to make some pretty design stickers in black and white

- A common South Indian practice is to give "blouse pieces" - 80cm of cloth in bright candy colors, sometimes bordered with gold designs.

I have a stack of about 10 of these which will go to the first comment-leavers. Please make sure you either have a blog or leave an email address so I can contact you.

7 comments:

MacBerger said...

Really enjoying your blog and it has insipred me to remake a lot of thing that I did not wear because they were not quite right. I am so glad to be sewing again and to see how interested my daughter is in trying to make her own things. No journeys lately - just exploring our neighbourhood in all the spring glory.

kate5kiwis said...

hey there from new zealand :o)
i saw your link at mrs pivec's *go lightly* blog and hopped on over.
i *love* refashioning things, my latest thing is jewellery...
how's this for a buzz:
i'll make you a bracelet and you send me a bright candy blouse piece...
sounds like fun??!!!!!!
my email details are on my blog
:o) kate X

Mrs. Pivec said...

Wow! India must have been fascinating. I'll admit, it's never been on my list of places to visit... it scares me a bit. I look forward to what you are going to tell about. Maybe it won't seem so scary then!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

kate5kiwis said...

ok rani, your *pacific sparkle* bracelet is winging its way from my summer to yours: i hope you like it :o)

Emily said...

Those blouse pieces sound like a lot of fun!

Gaia said...

I've been enjoying your blog. I'd love to hear more about India.

I can't wait for you to post more.

shoegal said...

Hi
I found you through wardrobe refashion and thought I'd come check out your blog. It's a great site, I'm off to look for the post on the fashion addict's 12 step programme now as I think I could use the help! Be sure to check out my blog too.
Fi