Thursday, May 17, 2007

Thinking thinking...

Just as I write the word "think," I can't recognize it. It's one of those moments where the word becomes separate from the thought.

It reminds me of a test I once took in school, where we had to memorize the meanings of random made-up words (eg kablooa - fireman) and then see how many we could recall. Some things just don't match up. Strange how the mind works.

It also brings to mind this thought-provoking article about how Americans and children perceive science. Apparently, we separate the brain from the mind. But they're the same!!!

Anyway, this is all a prelude to the meme for which I was tagged by Gaia Girl, who has a thought-worthy blog herself. This is the thinking blogger award, with the following rules:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote

I'm grateful and honored to be nominated! Here are 5 truly inspiring blogs. I wish I could name more (including ones already tagged!) and I'm sure there are more who deserve it. Please feel free to comment on any other blogs that have inspired you.

1. Tania - I've tagged her before and she's done a great job so I'm giving this brilliant artist another task :)

2. Living Small - Emily's goals are so much in line with my own that she gives me great ideas for what to reduce next. Smaller is better!

3. Life in LaLaLumay Land - A new blog for me, but already full of great refashioning and truly inspiring knitting.

4. Moonstitches - my current blog read. I'm going through the archives and oohing and aahing over the little owls and crochet and contemplating how I will ever get such talent. Maybe she can give me some tips?

5. Isle Dance - A recently-found blog that's got me thinking about blog design and the beauty of presentation, with the added benefit of embracing sustainability.