Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Traveling tales

Thanks to all for your interest in the freebies - they're now taken and on their way! For anyone else who didn't get a package, I do have some other interesting things to send out now and in the future, so if you are still interested, leave a comment below and I'll send you something interesting from India.

Thanks also for your enthusiasm for learning about India! As someone of Indian heritage who has lived in the United States all her life, I see India with a mix of wonder and familiarity, so I'd like to convey to you my sense of both.

I'll start with a record of our trip TO India. We flew Korean Air via Seoul, but didn't get to stop and look around there. The airport is lovely though.

On the plane we got these lovely little packets of socks and toothbrush and eyepatch in a pretty seafoam color:

I tried to sleep, but couldn't much, and read the magazine, which had this ad with the cutest pictures of sleeping animals:

I also found that traveling makes me trigger-happy. I couldn't resist taking pictures out the window, especially when the sun came out.

The flight was long (total 22 hours), but short compared to my other trips (as long as 36 hours). Unfortunately there were only two movies played, one of them in Korean (with subtitles). I'm sorry to say it was as bad as a typical Bollywood movie!

We landed exhausted in the morning and did our best not to sleep, but took a nap anyway. More about India tomorrow!

In the meantime, check this out: Animal welfare in science http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v446/n7138/full/446856d.html

1 comment:

Mrs. Pivec said...

Received the lovely freebies today. Thank you! I especially liked the little hinged box!

I'll be stopping by from time to time to learn more about India! :)