Monday, June 18, 2007

Paree and Portals

I just flew back from Paris and boy are my arms tired!

Okay, silly jokes aside, I had a brilliant, exhausting, overwhelming, relaxing time over there. It was a city of contradictions - the raging new and the astonishingly old, fashionable and ancient, industrial and green - and so was the trip.

A few photos:
§ The Louvre. I could have spent a week in here, but sadly only got an afternoon. A tiring and exciting one.

§ Outside Shakespeare and Co., Sylvia Beach's bookstore.

§ From the top of the Eiffel Tower - home is so far away!

§ And my favorite (full credit goes to my husband for this picture):
Paris Hilton behind bars!


And on another note, Portals #5 is out! I've got a little article on recycling stuff around the home (mostly things you may have seen here already) but the whole issue is on reusing and recycling - what a great theme! Check it out and buy here.

Eco-tip: Have unmatched tupperware lids and bottoms? Send orphans off to the recycle bin or freecycle and then mark the others - 1A and 1B for top and bottom, for example. And always wash them together!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Wow, lucky you. Paris for a weekend sounds so fantastic. A city I would one day love to see.