Sunday, July 15, 2007

Crafting happy!

Oh, I'm distraught that I forgot to take a picture of my before http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifI sent it off, but that's the truth. The show will be on August 10th in Northampton, MA, so if you're in the area, save the date! There will be lots of other artists making 5 x 7 sized art pieces, and I'm hoping mine measures up.

Now that I'm finished with that, I've also finished two other projects:

Here's the photo of my first ever Stuffy - he is lopsided, funny-looking, and weird, but IMHO, eminently loveable :)

I also got to work on the socks - finally. Thanks to Gaia Girl for the link to the 2-needle pattern.

However, I used too big a needle and now have a beautiful slipper instead of a sock:

It's very warm and cozy, though, so I'll go ahead and make the second one (though I might run out of this color yarn...not very meticulous of me). Once I get some smaller needles, I'm planning to try to make some matching ones that fit!

We also set out all our giveaways for pickup tomorrow - three big bags worth! That was refreshing. More things gone. And now I'm trying to move on to simplify rule #3 - speed cleaning. I want to try to speed-clean a room a day this week. Let's see how that goes.

I was also browsing a blog and found this lovely painter's works. Inspiring.

Eco-tip: You might have heard of the three-quarters rule, which says to refill things when they are 3/4 over (gas, milk, etc). But here's a new three-quarters rule - try using 3/4 of whatever you normally use. You often can't tell the difference - 3/4 cup of coffee instead of a whole cup, 3/4 tsp of sugar (better for you), 3/4 of your usual dab of shampoo, 3/4 cup of laundry detergent (save!), 3/4 the speed you might normally drive (better mileage). It'll work just as well and save you so much!

1 comment:

Isle Dance said...

Cute!!!!