Tuesday, July 24, 2007

So far, so good (and Seven #23)

I just turned 30. There, I said it.

It hasn't been bad so far, but I'm so used to thinking of myself as a late-twenty-something that I can't come to grips with "thirty-something."

It's a good thing I'm not reading magazines anymore or I'll have to go to the "What to wear in your 30s" section (not that I would follow it anyway). And there is the new age box on taxes and other forms. Aside from that, though, 30 doesn't seem like much of a milestone to me. Ask me tomorrow :)

I've still been working hard, but I've moved on to phase 2 of the toaster-cover project: sewing (I'd cut and pressed the pieces and batting). I sewed them and turned them inside out. And then I pressed them

Next: joining. I'm waiting for some cloth to use as piping which is coming to me tonight from mom.

This slow and steady approach is working for me. Less stress. I take my time and do things in a more deliberate way than my usual, "let's just get this done!"

Also, I forgot to post last week's Seven Things. I can't even remember what I put in there, so this is what I remember:

- 1 sheet set (2 sheets, 2 pillow cases, 2 shams)
- computer CDs and disks
- 2 books returned to parents
- 1 top
- 1 more salwar bottom
- fabric scraps

I'll count that as 7 so the total is now (tada!) 300 even!

On another note, I finished a borrowed copy of HP7. It took me a long time to read, and I didn't rush through it, and I even read the last chapter twice just to be sure I understood. I'm not a fanatic but I enjoyed it. And then I found out a friend already bought me a copy for myself! Oh well.

Eco-tip: Save the dryer lint from your whites and cotton (or any natural fabric) laundry - it can go safely in the compost! Be sure not to put synthetics in - they'll never biodegrade.

2 comments:

kate5kiwis said...

*singing*
happy birthday to y-o-u-u-u-u!!!
i am loving my thirties, a lot of things are becoming clearer, and the things that get less clear really don't matter lol.
wishing you a wonderful year X

rani said...

thank you, sweetie! i'm hoping the clarity will come soon...