Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Things Received

Despite all my attempts to reject gifts, they seem to come my way. Here is a short list:

1. Our previous roommates are taking their LCD tv with them - and surprise! - bought us a new smaller one to go with our place. Already well in use!

2. My sister always knows what I like - chocolate. They are filled with mint cream. Yum. I think I'll have one more now.

3. A family friend bought me a (non-leather) wallet. Now that I think of it, I really did need one - all my cards and change are floating around in my purse somewhere.

4. My parents are helping us out with expenses, and my mom sent me some very pretty sheets she had (not new). She also made me some sweets.

5. A bottle of "scented stones" from a friend that are a room fragrance. Very pretty and they smell great.

6. Multicolored roses from dh. They were not organic, but how could I say no to such sweetness?

Thanks to all for your wishes too!

Gift Eco-tip: Accept your gifts (and give them) unwrapped. You save paper. Or use old newspaper, pretty shopping bags, or actual containers. And save any packaging you receive to reuse.

No comments: