Thursday, July 12, 2007

Where is everyone?

Hmm, I seem to have lost some commenters somewhere along the way - if you're out there, say hi!

If you've been following along but silent, you know I'm deep into decluttering mode. What I didn't tell you is that I've also been working quietly on another secret project: my 5x7 art.

Before I tell you more, take this quiz:

Is this project

a) actually larger than 5x7
b) made of recycled/reused materials
c) a good excuse to eat dark chocolate
d) useful in multiple ways
e) all of the above

Okay, you guessed it. I used some lovely Parisian chocolate wrappers in multiple colors (and the foil), some of those cardboard rectangles from shirts, and some old wedding invitations to make a decorative picture frame/expanding-shelf/box. Inside I'm putting in a photo I took at the Arc d'Triomphe (I feel a little stuffy saying "Paris this" and "Arc d'Triomphe that," so please don't think I'm trying to show off that I traveled. I was trying to keep the items I used from within the month and a half allotted for the project).



I'll post the picture of the item after it's in sendable-shape. It goes out tomorrow for the art show and swap. This is my first time doing this, so I'm looking forward to it.

Eco-tip: Flying is really fuel-inefficient, so we can try to walk, take the train, bus, car(pool), or even boat whenever possible to commute. But when will flights be more efficient? Southwest Airlines and Continental recently retrofitted their planes so that they are more fuel-efficient by about 3%. But overall, airlines are finally thinking of the energy-efficient planes of the (hopefully) near future.

5 comments:

Isle Dance said...

Gorgeous!!!

rani said...

Thanks - I'm assuming you mean the photo ;)

Isle Dance said...

Yes!! Can't wait to see more images!

Gaia said...

I'm here. Well, I'm back. I went on vacation - if you can call visiting family a vacation.

rani said...

Haha I know what you mean about visiting family sometimes :) Welcome back!