Thursday, August 30, 2007

Surprise

If there happens to be anyone out there who wonders where I've gone - a hint: it involves liquidating bank accounts and a truck.

Yes, we bought a house.

Here is a picture of our new home:


So that's what I've been busy doing. Now comes all the unpacking, decoration, etc. I've just started putting up some photos, organizing bookshelves by color, and just getting things out.

I've been getting rid of a LOT of things, so the Seven Things lists are on hiatus for now! I'll catch up when I can get a real list together.

Projects that have emerged? I've found that I need to recover some furniture and other cushions with fabric to match my new airy home (not my usual deep red and tons of eclectic, dizzying prints in dark colors). I'd like to eventually repaint. Some gardening.

I also have a lovely new apple tree in the backyard. Lovely tangy macintoshes (I think)!



(photo by a friend's 4-year old daughter - isn't she quite the budding photographer?)

Eco-tip: Corn ethanol is not all it's cracked up to be, and is likely WORSE than gasoline. Read about all the dangers, vow never to use it, and find a great alternative.

3 comments:

Isle Dance said...

It's adorable! :)

Jenny said...

The home is so charming! Congratulations on your move. I also have the intention of organizing our books by color because it looks so cool.

Gaia said...

Congrats on your new house!!!