Saturday, October 27, 2007

Vegan Cupcakes Take Over My House

This post is brought to you by the letter "A." As in Apples. Edit: photos now!

As in Apple sorbet, based on this recipe here

A is also for "Altering," because I used 1 big fuji apple and 2 red delicious, and I used grape juice instead of apple (because I didn't have any), and I skipped the apple chips (see previous) and didn't use an ice cream maker (see previous). It's icy, but refreshing. In the future I'll put it in my little

A is for Apple cupcakes. I finally made cupcakes!

I veganized this recipe.

I used whole wheat pastry flour, and I couldn't find the nutmeg, so I skipped that, and used 3 of my small home-grown apples instead of the large granny smith. For the eggs, I used 1.5 tsp ground flax in 3 tbsp water.

For the icing, I used the recipe here.

I used 1/2 cup vegan margarine (Earth Balance, organic) and (my first time...) made confectioner's sugar from sugar and cornstarch. I added a dash of cinnamon to the frosting and left out the lemon juice. And lots of whipping. And a bit too much soy milk. Smells and tastes yummy.

The cupcakes smelled more like muffins (maybe because of the flour). But they sure are good. Especially after the melty frosting. And they are almost gone. Already.

No comments: