Tuesday, November 06, 2007

It's a spider! It's an octopus! ...

... It's an insect?! Well, I only made 6 legs, not eight, and it's kind of badly sewn because the mouth is lopsided and I couldn't figure out how to sew the legs on so they wouldn't be floppy, and I suck at hand sewing the open top closed. (Tips appreciated)

Anyway, here is the fella:

It was going to be a gift for a cousin's baby (which is why the eyes are not buttons!).

I also am working on a hat from The Yarn Girls' Guide to Kid Knits - it's a floppy jester-style hat. This may be the real gift, given the results of the above.

And then I whipped up a few Random Bead bracelets (basically I stick my hand into the bead box and thread whatever comes up) from my leftover glass and metallic beads.

(photo to come, camera is now out of batteries...)

Lots of relatives I know have or are now expecting children, so this is the time for this sort of craftiness.

No comments: