Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Poem

I thought of this poem in the car today. It was inspired by this William Carlos Williams poem, which is one of my favorites:


This is just to say


I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast.

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold.


Isn't it amazing?

Well this doesn't come close, and it's a totally different poem anyway, but here goes

you need to know

i have made
the terrible mistake
of giving you
my heart.
Be careful with it -
it's fragile,
and even in your gentle hands,
crumbling, already.


In other news, my progress on NaNoWriMo is slow. I have 4000 words, roughly. That means I have 23 days to write 46,000 words, or 2000 words a day. Yeah, right.

1 comment:

Eve Love said...

keep on the good writting. i hope you can do it.