Wednesday, November 14, 2007

VeganMoFo 14: Vegan Miscellany

Somehow, amazingly, I got AHEAD in my VeganMoFo posts. So I decided to take a day's break and then post this today.

Yesterday we went on a hike at the Stanford Dish. It has a beautiful view of the Stanford campus and surrounding areas, all the way to the very blue San Francisco Bay (yes, that's a hawk!).
We took along some snacks to munch on, including the last of the thenkuzhal and rava laddu (see here):



Then we plucked the squash - now grown large and I hope, ripe enough to cook and eat



What to make with it? We've already made koottu with a previous one, so I need ideas. Suggestions?

In the meantime, I'm reading the VeganMoFo feeds a little at a time. Like

- Sarchan's waffles with ice cream are making me drool

- I just got some sour salad-ready pomegranates so Tofu Mom's pomegranate vinaigrette salad is perfect timing.

- a stranger in the alps mentions restaurants in New York, where I'm going for Thanksgiving, so it's timely, also. And scroll down for that lovely romanesco.

No comments: