Friday, November 16, 2007

VeganMoFo 16: Chocolate chocolate

At lunch I had a lovely angel hair pasta with a tomatoey sauce with tomatoes. Tomato tomato.

Then, I came home today with a craving for chocolate and cookies. All we had were chocolate chips (which I had intended for baking, but I'd eaten nearly half the bag already!).

Enough was enough, so I made up Village Vegan's lovely double chocolate cookies (from Orangette). I used the same subs but used soymilk instead of the yogurt because...yes...I was out of soygurt.

I also added in about 2 tbsp of oats just because my mother suggested it. And voila:

They required a little longer baking in my gas oven (about 2 extra minutes), but they were ultra chewy inside. And they looked so tempting we had at them before they cooled all the way.

2 comments:

josh said...

oh man those look tasty. chelsea and i just made our xmas version of a snickerdoodle, but were holding off posting the recipe until a little closer to the holidays.

rani said...

What a coincidence, I wanted to make these . First pate de choux, now snickerdoodle? Are you a cooking stalker? :)