Monday, November 05, 2007

VeganMoFo 5: Vegan Cookbooks



I'd like to take this opportunity to admit I don't have a copy of Veganomicon, or Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, or any others by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. Though I am in awe of those books and am longing for someone to (by chance) surprise me with a copy.

The reason I don't have them already is that I signed up for the Compact earlier this year, and although I decided not to be strict about it, I'm trying not to buy anything new that I don't absolutely need. So I'm waiting for a used copy on Amazon or elsewhere to get, or else for the end of the year.

In the meantime, I do have two Vegan cookbooks at home:

Vegan World Fusion Cuisine - beautiful pictures, but I haven't tried anything from it.

and Table for Two, from which I made a nutritional-yeast pasta that was pretty good.

I also own Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone, which I consult regarding any new vegetable or grain I'm using (most are covered with simple recipes and info on how to prepare). A search for apples on there gave me nearly 20 recipes.

One of my favorites is new vegetarian. It's not vegan and it even uses eggs, but it has several really brilliant vegan or vegan-convertible recipes. I've made things as a novice from there for the first time with delicious results.

Here's to new food and new recipes!

No comments: