Monday, April 27, 2009

Meipporul / Yethi Nijam / The True Meaning

Well I've got movie on the brain so I thought I'd post a few relevant things:

Movie blog for reviews

I saw Meipporul this weekend myself (Tamil with English subtitles). Definitely not formula, and it has a sort of European feel, with the generally dark character and little emotional acting. Even though I knew the story myself, I found myself waiting to see each event unfold and bring with it a clearer picture of what was happening. It was wonderful to see all these familiar places and people come to life as new characters and form a story that was pretty gripping. It also left me wondering what really did happen to this couple and their friends - I had to think back to what was said and what happened and how things actually did fit together.

All-in-all, it was great to just sit back and relax and watch a movie (which, with an infant, is a feat in itself!) that is not the standard fare - no mush, no muss, no fuss :)

I hope you'll get to go see it!

No comments: