Sunday, March 18, 2012

Seven things

My posts seem limited to Seven Things these days, as I clear out my home of extraneous supplies and items I no longer need. It's very freeing to let go of a hobby, and just tell myself I will never use something - sort of a surrender to my humanity. I have found recently that I find it difficult to be alone with myself, and stuff only enables that. I'm hoping that releasing some of the stuff will free space in my surroundings and also in my mind for real contemplation.

  • kids' games from cereal boxes and other places - given to children, as they were intended!
  • a top
  • more baby papers - been saving these too long
  • lots of empty folders - also for "someday"
  • miscellaneous small papers saved - the same
  • stack of Indian magazines - "what ifs"
  • bottle of chaat masala - my dad loves this stuff


No comments: